I feel like the question “what am I making for dinner?” consumes most of my days! I love to eat truly delicious dinners that make everyone happy. A friend recently recommended Cheeseburger Quesadillas, from the RealSimple website, and we are trying them tonight. I’ll let you know if they are a hit, it looks like you can’t go wrong!
1¼ pounds ground sirloin
⅔ cup ketchup
2 tablespoons yellow mustard
⅓ cup mayonnaise
24 dill pickle chips, plus 2 tablespoons pickle juice
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
4 10-in. flour tortillas
8-ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
2 romaine hearts, halved lengthwise
1 large tomato, chopped
1 shallot, thinly sliced
- Cook sirloin in a large skillet over medium-high, stirring to crumble, until browned and cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and stir in ketchup and mustard.
- Combine mayonnaise, pickle juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Top half of each tortilla with ¼ cup cheese. Top with ⅔ cup meat mixture, 6 pickle chips, and another ¼ cup cheese. Fold tortilla in half to cover filling.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium. Spray outside of tortillas with cooking spray and, working in batches, add to skillet. Cook until cheese is melted and tortillas are golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Top each romaine half with some tomato, shallot, and a drizzle of mayonnaise dressing. Serve with quesadillas.
**highly recommended to use Grillo’s Italian Dill Chips